I am an Assistant Professor (RTD-A) at University of Milano-Bicocca (Milano, Italy).
I received my BSc (2010) and MSc (2012, summa cum laude) in Telecommunications Engineering (Networking area) both from Politecnico di Milano (Milano, Italy). My master thesis investigated users' privacy concerns in a Smart Grid scenario.
In June 2016 I pursued a PhD degree in Information Technology at Politecnico di Milano. During my PhD studies I worked on Content Delivery and on the emerging Network Function Virtualization (NFV) paradigm.
From March 2016 to March 2020 I worked with Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Trento, Italy) initially as Postdoc Researcher, being promoted to Expert Researcher in 2018. I was involved on several research topics including Fog Computing, Network Monitoring, SDN Multi-layer Networks and NFV.
In April 2020 I joined the Department of Informatics, Systems and Communication (DISCo) of University of Milano-Bicocca, where I am currently working on Multi-Access Edge Computing and on Artificial Intelligence applied to telecommunications, being also carrying on teaching activities.
CURRENT AND PAST RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence
- Fog Computing
- Network monitoring in SDN programmable data planes;
- SDN-based network orchestration of IP/optical layers;
- 5G network management, orchestration and slicing;
- NFV and service chaining;
- Content caching, energy efficiency and fixed/mobile convergence;
- Privacy and security in smart grids;
- Copper technologies in the access network (xDSL and vectoring).
- Optimization models (linear programming) and algorithms (heuristics)
- Network simulation and emulation
- Queuing theory
- Signal processing